The 2019 AAGL Scientific Program Committee welcomes submissions of Late Breaking News abstracts for presentation at the 48th AAGL Global Congress on Minimally Invasive Gynecology at the Vancouver Convention Center in Vancouver, BC Canada on November 11, 2019.
The goal of this meeting is to educate and inspire, surrounding the theme of becoming a “multiplier”. Be a Surgical “Multiplier” in MIGS—Inspire Brilliance Through Teamwork. We each become exponentially better and more effective through partnership with our worldwide colleagues, surgical teams, mentor/mentees, and industry partners. We are poised for that professional growth at the 48th Annual Congress.
Late Breaking News abstracts, containing new information or important findings not (fully) available before the general abstract deadline, can be submitted until Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 11:59 pm (PST).
Please submit your abstracts for consideration to Grace Phan via email to email@example.com with the following elements: study objective, design, setting, patients or participants, interventions measurements and main results and conclusion.
- Abstracts should be submitted in the following structured format (250-300 word count):
- Study Objective: Begin with a clear, concise statement of the precise objective or question put forth in the study.
- Design: Describe the basic study design, and duration of any follow-up.
- Setting: Describe the OR setting, i.e., patient positioning, ergonomics
- Patients or Participants: State the manner of selection and numbers of patients who were enrolled in a completed study.
- Interventions: Describe the exact treatment or intervention.
- Measurements and Main Results: Describe the methods of assessing patients and state the key results. This section must include data, even if preliminary.
- Conclusion: State clearly the conclusions and clinical applications that are supported by the data. Advise if additional study is required before this information should be used in clinical settings.
In advance, we appreciate the expertise that you bring to our learners and we look forward to your response.
Jubilee Brown, Scientific Program Chair
Professor and Associate Director, Division of Gynecologic Oncology
Levine Cancer Institute at Atrium Health, Charlotte NC
2019 Scientific Program Committee:
Linda D. Bradley
Shanti Indira Mohling
Marie Fidela R. Paraiso
Matthew T. Siedhoff
Amanda C. Yunker
Linda Michels, Executive Director
Art Arellano, Professional Education Director
Grace Phan, Professional Education Specialist